List:       opensolaris-help
Subject:    [osol-help] mount question
From:       Doug <dyoung_3_7 () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2007-06-26 5:38:12

I am trying to troubleshoot an existing script and have located the point of failure. \
Before I make any changes I need to know what the bolded entry is doing/for:

mount /dev/dsk/$disk /mnt [b]2>/dev/null[/b]

I know that if I leave it off everything will work, but does anyone have an idea what \
the bolded part is trying to do?

Thx!
DY