List:       opensolaris-help
Subject:    [osol-help] Configuring ethernet in opensolaris
From:       "S.Theyagarajan " <theyaga () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-02-21 7:41:52

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

hi all,
         I just installed opensolaris on IBM machine.How do i configure
ethernet on it ? . it was a standalone pc when i installed hence i chose for
no network support.now when i do have net and try this command
#ifconfig -a
i just get one entry lo0 for 127.0.0.1  and no ethernet .

how to detect the ethernet card available and do i have to install the
drivers for it ? we have a DHCP server so how do i setup my client for that
.
How do i see my ethernet card`s information or see if my card has been
detected ?

Any help would be great .

--
thanks
taggy

S.Theyagarajan
Under Graduate
Department Of Computer Science And Engineering
National Institute Of Technology , Trichirapalli
India 620015