List:       opensolaris-help
Subject:    [osol-help] Problem installing Opensolaris Build35
From:       ivan.van.den.bossche () pandora ! be (Ivan)
Date:       2006-03-19 2:23:57

Hi,

I have the following problem when I try to install Build35 on my machine:

When I start the installation I get the following error:
WARNING:iprb0:no MII link detected
My machine freezes after the message.

I have the following hardware:

1 X AMD Opteron 246
Tyan S2882SPro mainboard (latest BIOS flash applied)
1GB ECC DDR RAM
1 X Seagate 80GB IDE harddisk.

Last year I've installed Build16 on this machine and then I had no problem at all.

Does somebody has a clue what the problem could be?

Thanks a lot
With kindest regards,
Ivan