List:       opensolaris-help
Subject:    [osol-help] Re: Solaris Express build 27 screen res was 1600x1200
From:       sspyrison () gmail ! com (Scott Spyrison)
Date:       2005-11-26 19:49:54

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the installer uses Xsun, and when you boot the \
first time you are kicked over to Xorg which isn't really configured yet.

I think you have a couple choices:

2) Install the binary nvidia driver and configure a working xorg.conf (in /etc/X11)

I went the latter route because I had a decent twinview setup leftover from a gentoo \
install.  If you do this and your hardware isn't officially supported yet, you'll \
need to append something to /etc/driver_aliases for the nvidia driver to work.

hth,
Scott