List:       opensolaris-help
Subject:    [osol-help] Re:  some build errors!
From:       keith.wesolowski () sun ! com (Keith M Wesolowski)
Date:       2005-11-07 14:35:37

On Mon, Nov 07, 2005 at 02:32:42AM -0800, J?rgen Keil wrote:

> Yep.  Building OpenSolaris on Solaris 10 isn't tested, so it may or may not work.

Clearly it does not. :-)

> I'm building OpenSolaris on S10 x86 and I also noticed the missing "-znoreloc"
> support with the S10 linker /usr/ccs/bin/ld.  My workaround is to simply remove
> the -znoreloc option from usr/src/uts/Makefile.uts, by adding a empty
> "ZNORELOC=" Makefile variable:

Take a look at 5102797.  -znoreloc is only needed for gcc-built
binaries at the moment (we introduced it with the fix for 6254364 and
enabled it via 6272179); however, its existence allows us to fix this
bug on amd64 as well.  It would not surprise me if this option
continues to increase in importance within ON.

> Works for me on the x86 platform. But I'm not sure if this workaround is OK
> for the sparc build.

It's almost certainly ok at the moment with Studio 10.  No promises of
any kind for the future.  Please, upgrade your build machines.

--
Keith M Wesolowski		"Sir, we're surrounded!"
Solaris Kernel Team		"Excellent; we can attack in any direction!"