List:       opensolaris-help
Subject:    [osol-help] OpenSolaris x86 Keyboard Problems
From:       Alan.Coopersmith () Sun ! COM (Alan Coopersmith)
Date:       2005-06-29 8:19:26

Bruno Filipe Marques wrote:
> Hello to all
>
> I have just installed OpenSolaris x86 on my DELL Optiplex GX270 computer.
> Everything is ok, except my keyboard.
>
> I have a Portuguese Layout.
>
> How can i configure my solaris system to make proper use of my keyboard ?

Logout of X.
Choose command line login.
Login as root.
Run kdmconfig.
Choose Xsun and then set your keyboard to Portugeuse.
Save & test.
running it.

(Yes, this is broken, and a fix is being worked on that doesn't involve
  kdmconfig or reading /usr/lib/set_keyboard_layout to learn what values
  to pass to eeprom.)

--
	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith@sun.com