List:       opensolaris-help
Subject:    [osol-help] Re: Build OpenSolaris kernel on SPARC
From:       keith.wesolowski () sun ! com (Keith M Wesolowski)
Date:       2005-06-21 13:04:20

On Tue, Jun 21, 2005 at 11:09:18AM -0700, AG Toon wrote:

> The first time I ran bfu I got nowhere. What I had to do was to
> set 2 environment variables in the "gk" account:
> setenv FASTFS /opt/onbld/bin/${MACH}/fastfs
> setenv BFULD /opt/onbld/bin/${MACH}/bfuld

You do not need the gk account to build; you can and should build as a
regular user.  You certainly can bfu with it if you want as it's
equivalent to root.  You can avoid setting those variables manually if
you run

	# bldenv opensolaris.sh

before bfuing.  They are documented in the reference, but they are
also set in the default opensolaris.sh.

--
Keith M Wesolowski		"Sir, we're surrounded!"
Solaris Kernel Team		"Excellent; we can attack in any direction!"