List:       opensolaris-help
Subject:    [osol-help] Problem building kernel with dmake
From:       kupfer () athyra ! eng ! sun ! com (Mike Kupfer)
Date:       2005-06-18 16:26:08

>>>>> "Eric" == Eric Enright <eric.enright@gmail.com> writes:

Eric> Ah, thanks Mike, I didn't realize that I had to pass -d to bldenv.

Yeah, I'll add something to the release notes about that.  Thanks.

Eric> Oddly though, after a full nightly build, it works fine (still in
Eric> non-debug).

It could be that mixing debug and non-debug was giving you trouble.

Eric> In any event, however, I'm often having strange build failures.
Eric> Things like core dumps from "rm", "acomp", "cc1" and "gcc".  When
Eric> I restart the build, things usually work ok.

It looks like you're building on a local filesystem, right?

Are there any messages in /var/adm/messages from around the time of the
core dump?

Please send a copy of the mail message from nightly.

thanks,
mike