List:       opensolaris-dtrace-discuss
Subject:    Re: [dtrace-discuss] track program time - need some guidelines
From:       Jim Mauro <James.Mauro () Sun ! COM>
Date:       2009-07-13 13:20:34

Threads are put to sleep when they issue blocking system calls.
I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "only know synchronous
app wait from an app perspective....", but the threads will be in the
sleep state (SLP) after issuing the read/write until the data is
available, at which point a wakeup is issued and the thread goes to
runnable.

You're conspicuously avoiding answering the "what problem are you
trying to solve question", which has been asked multiple times.

This is no longer a DTrace question, so any further queries should get
posted to the performance forum.

/jim