List:       opensolaris-driver-discuss
Subject:    [driver-discuss] Finding solaris version information in kernel code
From:       Shreyas Bhatewara <shreyas.bhatewara+opensolaris () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-12-16 18:59:23

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Folks,

I am writing a device driver for current and past versions of (Open)Solaris

How can I check the version of the running kernel in the driver code ? I
tried using utsname.version (/.release) but it does not exist for Solaris 10
or older kernels. Is there any other literal/variable which spans current
and old Solaris kernels which can give the kernel version/ release
information ? For Eg : linux has LINUX_VERSION_CODE

Thanks in advance.
->Shreyas