List:       opensolaris-driver-discuss
Subject:    Re: [driver-discuss] solaris kernel
From:       "Garrett D'Amore" <gdamore () opensolaris ! org>
Date:       2008-09-23 17:58:49

ram vegesna wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>        Do we have any other kernels in Solaris like Big SMP , SMP etc
> .. (like Linux).
>
>         Please let me know if we can enable different kernels.
>
> Thanks,
> Ram

No, we don't have these.  Unlike some other systems (Linux, NetBSD,
etc.) Solaris automatically scales and tunes itself to the environment.
There are very few fixed limitations in Solaris, and generally those
that exist also exist for *all* systems.

The obvious exception here is the kernels that are different for 64-
versus 32-bit systems.

    -- Garrett