List:       opensolaris-driver-discuss
Subject:    [driver-discuss] Code review request: Solarflare Solarstorm 10G
From:       Paul Durrant <pdurrant () solarflare ! com>
Date:       2008-09-05 15:55:45

Please can a I have volunteers for a code review of the new Solarflare
Solarstorm 10G ethernet driver for OpenSolaris?

The review materials are posted at http://cr.opensolaris.org/~pdurrant.
They are split up into several patches:

ip.webrev
---------

Modifications to IP to avoid clobbering multi-fragment packets on the
receive side.

linkprop.webrev
---------------

Modifications to add properties and statistics for 10G ethernet

sfxge.webrev
------------

The new driver code and some supporting modifications *

stream.webrev
-------------

Implementation of PSARC 2008/539

streamio.webrev
---------------

Modification to avoid bogus pulling up of multi-fragment packets on the
receive side.

* - The driver, as you will see, is quite large. However it is split
logically into two halves:

- Files under usr/src/uts/common/io/sfc/efx are part of an OS agnostic
framework which we use to drive the Solarstorm NICs on Solaris, Windows
and DOS (yes, DOS).
- Files under usr/src/uts/common/io/sfc/sfxge are Solaris specific and
use the API provided by the efx code to interface between Solaris' GLD
and the hardware.

There are also a couple of modifications to existing files:

- An extra DTRACE_PROBE5 in usr/src/uts/common/sys/sdt.h
- Extra inlines to provide pre-fetching on x86 platforms

Please let me know if you are willing to participate in the review as I
need to make sure I have adequate coverage of all source modules.

Regards,

   Paul