List:       opensolaris-docs-discuss
Subject:    Re: [docs-discuss] [on-discuss] ON DevRef HTML chunking
From:       Mike Kupfer <mike.kupfer () sun ! com>
Date:       2008-11-26 23:43:30

>>>>> "Mike" == Mike Kupfer <mike.kupfer@sun.com> writes:

Mark> - I'm curious why ALLFILES and FILES are identical, and how to
Mark> decide which one to use?
[...]
Mike> I'll rationalize the file list variables (everywhere in the
Mike> makefile).

I got rid of ALLFILES.

Mark> - It would seem more appropriate to have the dir/file rules depend
Mark> on dir, and have a rule to create it, rather than embedding the
Mark> mkdirs in the other actions?
[...]
Mike> I'll see if there's a cleaner place to put the mkdirs.

I split them out into a separate intermediate "chunktmpdirs" target.

Mark> - What does the assertion on line 134 gain you?  Are you asserting
Mark> that xsltproc is spitting out well-formed html?

Mike> No, it's more to verify that xsltproc is producing HTML that
Mike> allows for a simple state machine that alternates between
Mike> "swallow" and "don't swallow".  I'll add some comments.

It occurred to me that the code could support nested "swallow" div
blocks without any fuss, so that's what I did.

Mark> - In start_a(), if you simply build a different list as you go,
Mark> then you don't need to do the indexing dance.

Mike> I'm not sure I understand.  Are you suggesting building up a
Mike> second attributes list, and then passing it to unknown_starttag()
Mike> instead of the original attributes list?  I'll see if that's
Mike> clearer.

I haven't done this yet (I'd rather wait for confirmation that I
understood you correctly).

Updated webrev is at http://cr.opensolaris.org/~kupfer/devref-chunks/,
and the old one is at devref-chunks.1121.  Let me know if you want a
delta webrev.

cheers,
mike