List:       opensolaris-docs-discuss
Subject:    Re: [docs-discuss] Docs under review seem to be very old
From:       Michelle Olson <michelle.olson () sun ! com>
Date:       2008-06-26 21:34:41

Hi Amit,

My replies inline related to the OSOLINTROOS.pdf and review thread.

Amit k. Saha wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 11:08 AM, Raoul Carag <Raoul.Carag@sun.com> wrote:
>
>> Amit k. Saha wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Raoul,

>>> Yes. Specifically I was referring to "Introduction to Operating
>>> Systems: A Hands-On Approch Using the OpenSolaris Project"- at
>>> http://opensolaris.org/os/community/documentation/reviews/OSOLINTROOS.pdf.
>>> The last post on the thread was way back in 2005.

That is incorrect, the last post on the review thread was in August of
2007, which is consistent with the date of the PDF. This document is
reviewed and updated about twice yearly, but I changed jobs this year,
so there is a delay while Alan gets up to speed. Thanks for your
patience and please do post any comments or changes we need to make to
this document to include information about the 2008.05 release, the
source files are now available on the Content project, here:
http://opensolaris.org/os/project/content

I've added this info to the reviews page as well.

Regards,
Michelle Olson