List:       opensolaris-discuss
Subject:    Re: [osol-discuss] eSATA works fine?
From:       "Alex Smith (K4RNT)" <shadowhunter () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-03-07 15:02:05

eSATA works the same way as regular SATA - you connect a drive to the
eSATA connector, and if automount is enabled (volfs i believe) it will
automount the disk. However if it doesn't, you can monitor dmesg for
the device identifier and mount it yourself.

SATA is also hot-swap, so you can remove the drive while the computer
is running, just remember to unmount the disk before you do so.

--
" ' With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech
censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied,