List:       opensolaris-discuss
Subject:    Re: [osol-discuss] OT: Which is the best option: Nexentstor or
From:       Ken Mays <maybird1776 () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2010-11-21 8:40:21

You can use either one for home use. NexentaStor Community Edition 3.0.4 works fine \
for that purpose and will give you 'decent' performance and stability for your \
personal and home storage uses. There is a lot of features in the Nexenta Enterprise \
Edition 3.0.4, but this might be out of scope for you?

As for free support and licensing, use the IRC channel 'nexentastor' and see:
http://www.nexenta.com/corp/nexentastor-overview/nexentastor-versions

As for Solaris 11 Express, you get a more updated kernel userland environment with \
the latest ZFS enhancements.

Since you want "a ZFS solution on my home server to share vols/directories using \
iSCSI and/or NFS services between two ESXi hosts", both products will meet your needs \
with NexentaStor being more specialized in storage solutions for you.

For home/personal use, I'd choose NexentaStor Community Edition 3.0.4.

~ Ken Mays