List:       opensolaris-discuss
Subject:    Re: [osol-discuss] OT: Which is the best option: Nexentstor or
From:       Edward Martinez <mindbender_1 () live ! com>
Date:       2010-11-21 0:07:37

> Hi all,
>
> First of all, sorry for the off-topic. I would like
> to use a ZFS solution on my
> ome server to share vols/directories using iSCSI
> and/or NFS services between two
> ESXi hosts.
>
> In terms of performance, license and (free) support
> which can be the best option:
> exentaStor CE or Solaris 11 Express??
>
> Thanks.
> -
> CL Martinez
> carlopmart {at} gmail {d0t} com

Hi

Solaris 11 express does not come with free support, I' not a lawyer, but I don't \
think the license will be an issue for home use.

I have been using nexenta core, the base of nexentastor, on couple  of my systems at \
home since april and it's stable,  i really like it.

they offer  nexentastor community edition it is loaded with feature and it's free to \
use:

http://www.nexentastor.org/projects/site/wiki/CommunityEdition

Regards
Edward