List:       opensolaris-discuss
Subject:    Re: [osol-discuss] OT: Which is the best option: Nexentstor or
From:       Edward Ned Harvey <shill () nedharvey ! com>
Date:       2010-11-21 3:10:06

> From: opensolaris-discuss-bounces@opensolaris.org [mailto:opensolaris-
> discuss-bounces@opensolaris.org] On Behalf Of carlopmart
>
>   First of all, sorry for the off-topic. I would like to use a ZFS
solution on my
> home server to share vols/directories using iSCSI and/or NFS services
> between two ESXi hosts.
>
>   In terms of performance, license and (free) support which can be the
best
> option:
> NexentaStor CE or Solaris 11 Express??

Well, if you care about the license, sol11exp is not free for that purpose.
It's only free for development and demo purposes.

If you want free support ...  I don't know ... does nexenta do that?  If so,
it's clearly your best option.   Solaris & sol11exp don't have free support.
Openindiana will ... but it's so darn fresh and experimental right now, I
would personally suggest waiting for things to stabilize more before
trusting it.  FreeBSD has a really old version of ZFS.  So if nexenta fits
all your requirements, it sounds good.