List:       opensolaris-discuss
Subject:    Re: [osol-discuss] Map snv_ versions into release versions
From:       Alan Coopersmith <alan.coopersmith () oracle ! com>
Date:       2010-11-15 18:19:24

Miguel Garcia wrote:
> I'm working with NVD (national vulnerability database) when they refer a \
> OpenSolaris version they use snv_XX but I need to match this snv_ to a real version \
> ("donwloadable")

The snv_XXX were biweekly development builds - each was available for
download at the time as a fully installable ISO or updated packages
from the pkg repository.   Some of the per-build ISO's should still be
available from genunix.org.

The stable releases that came out once or twice a year were "respins"
of selected development builds with some critical fixes applied.
They were given the dated version names, and placed in the /release
package repository as well.

Those were:
	OpenSolaris 2008.05		snv_86
	OpenSolaris 2008.11		snv_101
	OpenSolaris 2009.06		snv_111

The /release repo also contains snv_134b, which would have been the
OpenSolaris 2010.0x release, but it was never released as a separate
version.

snv_151a was just published today, but under the new name, license,
& release model of "Oracle Solaris 11 Express 2010.11".

--
	-Alan Coopersmith-        alan.coopersmith@oracle.com