List:       opensolaris-discuss
Subject:    Re: [osol-discuss] Illumos loosing the SystemV heritage,
From:       Gary Driggs <gdriggs () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-09-22 15:30:09

On Sep 22, 2010, at 5:02 AM, Cedric Blancher wrote:
> This is news for me. Could you point me to the opengroup page which
> lists FreeBSD, NetBSD or any other BSD operating system except Apple
> OS X as SUS certified?

Apple is the only one that can afford to pay for it but that means Darwin is as \
well... http://www.opensource.apple.com/release/mac-os-x-1064/

And there was a project for FreeBSD some time ago... \
http://www.freebsd.org/projects/c99/

> SunOS 4.* was discontinued.
> By SUN.
> Ten years ago.

Yep, I'm well aware of that. I was merely pointing out the irony of a Solaris user \
grumbling about BSD as if BSD suddenly became extinct & obsolete when Sun chose to \
move to SysV.

-Gary