List:       opensolaris-discuss
Subject:    Re: [osol-discuss] OpenIndiana - a new OpenSolaris Distribution!
From:       Edward Martinez <mindbender_1 () live ! com>
Date:       2010-09-12 21:25:34

> On Tuesday 14th September, we will be unveiling
> OpenIndiana – an
> exciting new distribution of OpenSolaris!
>
> OpenIndiana is a continuation of the OpenSolaris
> operating system.

the news of this great milestone is already hitting the news wave  and i think this \
event will be 100x better then openworld :-)

excerpt:
"he formal announcement of the launch of Project OpenIndiana will be made tomorrow \
(September 14, UK time), nicely timed to take place about a week ahead of Oracle's \
OpenWorld conference in the US."

http://www.itwire.com/opinion-and-analysis/open-sauce/41808-opensolaris-fork-to-be-announced
 http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/09/10/openindiana_launch/