List:       opensolaris-discuss
Subject:    Re: [osol-discuss] OpenIndiana - a new OpenSolaris Distribution!
From:       Cia Watson <ciamarie () my180 ! net>
Date:       2010-09-11 20:05:08

  On 09/11/2010 07:54 PM, Gary Driggs wrote:
> On Sep 11, 2010, at 9:09 AM, Cia Watson wrote:
>
> > I have one question at the moment:  Will there be ext3 and/or ext4 support? I \
> > have a shared data partition in ext3 that I would need to be able to mount \
> > periodically.
> There is already a read only filesystem package that allows mounting of NTFS, FAT, \
> and ext3 partitions.
> http://blogs.sun.com/pradhap/entry/mount_ntfs_ext2_ext3_in
> http://watters.ws/mediawiki/index.php/Mount_ext3_drives_in_Solaris
Thanks for the info., I did find an ext3 module and info here:
http://hub.opensolaris.org/bin/view/Project+ext3/Quick+howto

So I've had read-write access to a data partition formatted as ext3, I
just wanted to make sure there would be similar support in OpenIndiana.
I received a reply from Ken M. that there will be support for ext3/4 and
NTFS. It's all good.