List:       opensolaris-discuss
Subject:    Re: [osol-discuss] Indiana - what comes closest to it?
From:       Edward Martinez <mindbender_1 () live ! com>
Date:       2010-08-30 16:32:30

> Oracle mentioned they are providing a supported
> Solaris Express in place of the OSOL binaries of the
> past. The kernel sources are very recent to gain a
> 'like Solaris 11' experience today.
>
> ~ Ken

Well...they have a tendency of mentioning stuff and falling short from delivering. \
does this sound familiar:

"Oracle will continue to make OpenSolaris available as open source, and Oracle will \
continue to actively support and participate in the community," Dan Roberts, director \
of Solaris product management at Oracle, said during an OpenSolaris IRC (define) \
meeting "Oracle is investing  more in Solaris than Sun did prior to the acquisition, \
and will continue to contribute technologies to OpenSolaris, as Oracle already does \
for many other open source projects."  Oracle will also continue to deliver \
OpenSolaris releases, including the upcoming OpenSolaris 2010.03 release," Roberts \
said. "

well...I guess many know the saying fool me once, shame on... and if they do release \
it, i'm sure there will be strings attached. I think we all should put our foot down \
and support illumos,nexenta,etc to have a true community driven OS  and let oracle go \
                :-) I've already replaced my opensolaris  installs with nexenta core \
                3. )