List:       opensolaris-discuss
Subject:    Re: [osol-discuss] Trouble formating usb external hard drive.
From:       ken mays <maybird1776 () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2010-08-03 16:46:10

--- On Tue, 8/3/10, Mike DeMarco <mikejd42@yahoo.com> wrote:

> From: Mike DeMarco <mikejd42@yahoo.com>
> Subject: [osol-discuss] Trouble formating usb external hard drive.
> To: opensolaris-discuss@opensolaris.org
> Date: Tuesday, August 3, 2010, 8:55 AM
> I have a 1Tbyte usb external HD that
> I want to be able to read with windows and b134. I have
> tried all of the below but am unable to get solaris to read
> and write to it.

1. 32-bit Solaris/OpenSolaris kernel + userland is NOT fully compatible nor compliant \
to >= one terabyte data and storage management - especially with USB storage, SSD, \
and hard drive storage devices.

You "can" get things working somewhat... but you are better off utilizing
the Solaris/OpenSolaris 64-bit kernel + userland in the long run.

Better safe than sorry!

~ Ken Mays