List:       opensolaris-discuss
Subject:    Re: [osol-discuss] Dell and HP to Certify and Resell all Three
From:       ken mays <maybird1776 () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2010-07-30 12:21:23

--- On Fri, 7/30/10, Matthias Pfützner <Matthias@Pfuetzner.DE> wrote:

> http://www.oracle.com/us/products/servers-storage/solaris/non-sun-x86-081976.html
>
> there is a very clear hint:
>
> BENEFITS
>

> * World-class
> Oracle Solaris support on any certified x86 system on the
> Solaris
> Hardware Compatibility List (HCL)
>
> So, that announcement, although it did focus on DELL and HP
> also includes all
> OTHER vendors, as long, as the real certification process
> has been
> applied. That's currently for approx. ~500 systems...
>
> Enjoy!
>
> Matthias

HP/Compaq and Dell are attending the Oracle OpenWorld conference.

IBM System x and BladeCenter server products are being certified on Solaris 10 as \
well.

Ref: http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/x/os/solaris/
"Today, IT managers have the ability to choose from a wider range of servers and \
operating systems. If you are interested in deploying a Solaris-based solution, IBM \
offers select IBM System x® and BladeCenter® x86 servers1 certified for the Solaris \
10 operating system. These IBM x86 servers are designed to address the needs of your \
business now – and into the future so you can get the most value and the highest \
quality from your IT while still increasing performance and reducing complexity in \
your data center."

I'd think the major server vendors are backing Oracle as it was menioned long ago \
that Oracle was going to have their major product lines all run on the Solaris 10 \
OS...

~ Ken Mays