List:       opensolaris-discuss
Subject:    Re: [osol-discuss] Duel boot b134 and Windows 7
From:       Cia Watson <ciamarie () my180 ! net>
Date:       2010-07-27 14:33:50

On 07/26/10 04:45 AM, Mike DeMarco wrote:
> I installed build 134 first on disk c4d0p1 then installed Windows 7 which it put on \
> c4d0p2<boot sector>  and c4d0p3 Windows 7. Using the LiveCD for b134 I went back in \
> and changed the active partition back to c4d0p1 so I am now able to boot back to \
> b134. I then modified the menu.lst adding:
> title Windows 7 64 bit
> rootnoverify (hd0,3)
> chainloader +1
>
> Then running
> installgrub /boot/grub/stage1 /boot/grub/stage2 /dev/rdsk/c4d0s0
>
> Grub now comes up with the Windows 7 but when I select it the screen repaints and \
> that is it.
> Can someone tell what went wrong?

I ran into this same issue when I set up my grub (triple boot now with
Fedora and rhel v6 beta2). The file you want to modify is
/rpool/boot/grub/menu.lst then add your chainloader entry to the bottom
of the file.

I see you subsequently re-installed, so this should work for future
reference. Though a menu.lst file comes up under /boot/grub, you need to
edit the one in /rpool/boot/grub.

Cia