List:       opensolaris-discuss
Subject:    Re: [osol-discuss] Solaris Next timescale
From:       ken mays <maybird1776 () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2010-07-19 17:23:22

--- On Mon, 7/19/10, Dennis Clarke <dclarke@blastwave.org> wrote:

> > Dennis Clarke wrote:
> > > Getting to b144 may be a challenge as I do not
> know what patch levels
> > > are required or even what compiler to use.
> >
> Dennis

Based on past info using SS 12/GCC:
1. Xorg 7.5: PASS
2. Binutils 2.20.1/GCC 4.5.0: PASS
3. ON snv_144 from ON_142: PASS
4. Coreutils 8.5: PASS
5. BASH 4.1.7: PASS

Now that I reconfirmed the use of Sun Studio 12 for the process. Sun Studio 12.1 was \
not certified for current ON (i.e. snv_144) builds when I checked this awhile ago.

I think this is very possible within a 72-hour period based on building the FOSS \
packages separately beforehand with GCC 4.x.

Will try to post some screenshots this weekend (depends!).

~ Ken Mays