List:       opensolaris-discuss
Subject:    Re: [osol-discuss] Opera drops browser support for Solaris
From:       Stefan Parvu <stefanparvu14 () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2010-04-30 14:22:03

> With the right portability framework, it is sufficient to develop on Solaris
> and the code will work on Linux and FreeBSD also.

True. However I dont see Opera's troubles caused by Oracle integration:
support costs, etc but rather a more simplistic view: not enough interest.
If they were interested enough they would have selected OSOL and start
building on that.

As well in past: Opera was not showing enough interest in Solaris
, so main question would be how to keep them interested in our project
and how to grow such things and engage with other communities.
Thats the hard part.

stefan