List:       opensolaris-discuss
Subject:    [osol-discuss] New Group Lifecycle Process Coming
From:       Jim Grisanzio <jimgris () sun ! com>
Date:       2009-02-24 13:16:30

hey ...

As we consider the new OpenSolaris Constitution [1], I wanted to point
out that part of that document points to a group lifecycle procedure
[2]. This new procedure will replace the group creation processes
outlined in the current Constitution [3] and in the Project
Instantiation Policy [4]. So, when the new Constitution is ratified,
there will be one procedure to create, change, archive, and reactivate
all groups (Communities, Projects, User Groups).

Currently, I`m managing the creation of the OSUG projects, and I`m
staffing the project-setup alias and creating those projects as well.
I`ll continue in those roles as we move to the new Constitution. The
next OGB will have to create a board committee for the new group
lifecycle procedure, and I`ll work with that committee to help implement
all this.

Feedback always welcome.

Jim

[1]