List:       opensolaris-discuss
Subject:    Re: [osol-discuss] osol-11 repair boot of new vmware guest install
From:       Alan Coopersmith <alan.coopersmith () sun ! com>
Date:       2009-02-18 15:47:17

Harry Putnam wrote:
> I don't think the default install puts an xorg.conf file at
> /etc/X11/xorg.conf   But that is where vmware-tools install put
> it.
>
> In fact I'm not sure opsul-11 even calls it by that name.
>
> Do either of you know what a default install from osul-11 (recent
> *.iso) calles the X configuration file and where its stashed?

OpenSolaris calls the X configuration file /etc/X11/xorg.conf, but
defaults to not having one anywhere and using runtime generated
auto-configuration.   You can see what configuration it is using
in /var/log/Xorg.0.log, including a dump of the autoconfiguration
settings you could copy into /etc/X11/xorg.conf if autoconfig is
being used.

--
	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith@sun.com