List:       opensolaris-discuss
Subject:    Re: [osol-discuss] package add and remove in non-interactive mode
From:       Nikolay Molchanov <Nikolay.Molchanov () Sun ! COM>
Date:       2007-10-31 23:14:21

> It is hackery because you are placing special behaviour into how input
> is read from stdin for the sole purpose of supporting a deficiency in
> the design of the program.

What is the deficiency in the design of the "pkgrm" program?

I don't suggest to change its interface, because I don't see how it can be changed
to solve this simple problem: "read only the answer on the current question,
instead of reading the answers on all questions at once".
IMHO, it is a just a bug in "pkgrm" program, and it should be fixed.

I created a small test that shows that the suggested fix works just fine. I'll file
a bug against "pkgrm" program, and add my test to illustrate how it can be fixed.

Thanks,
Nik