List:       opensolaris-discuss
Subject:    Re: [osol-discuss] Observers vs. contributors
From:       Jim Grisanzio <Jim.Grisanzio () Sun ! COM>
Date:       2006-10-27 2:55:17

Young Joo Pintaske wrote On 10/27/06 05:56,:
> Hi!
>
> I noticed a huge number of "Views" while watching I18n community email archives the \
> other day. Look at the Views column in the following link:
> http://www.opensolaris.org/jive/index.jspa?categoryID=1
 >

> For example, while there are 22 emails in the Korean i18n community \
> (g11n-ko-discuss), there are 2374 Views. My experiment (clicking the same thread \
> multiple times) tells me that this number is not the number of viewers on the \
> thread. Could someone enlighten me as to how this number gets updated?

Yes, you can click on that forum link and add to the number of "views"
but you'll be counted as one unique visitor. So, although there are only
22 emails posted to that list, they are getting searched a lot. Which is
good and it's consistent with the other lists. Perhaps there's a popular
subject item in there that's getting pounded on a lot by developers
using Google in Korea? That's where the vast majority of forum "views"
are coming from on all of our lists -- people searching on OpenSolaris.
Right now on opensolaris.org our 150 or so mail lists/forums have
generated 7 million views, 4.4 million unique visitors, 16K threads, and
62K messages.

Jim