List:       opensolaris-discuss
Subject:    [osol-discuss] Inetmenu dependency question
From:       weekleyj () foobarlabs ! net (John Weekley)
Date:       2005-12-23 15:51:48

I've been the using the OpenSolaris inetmenu package on my laptop
successfully for about a month now.  When I upgraded to 01/06, X windows
would no longer start up on boot, after digging around and remembering a
comment made here about the  dns/client service, I found the root cause
of the problem, namely no /etc/resolv.conf existed on boot which caused
a multitude of service failures.  My question is this, can I have an
empty resolv.conf to satisfy the dependency and have those previously
failed services execute on boot?

Thanks,

John