List:       opensolaris-discuss
Subject:    [osol-discuss] Upgrading to OpenSolaris
From:       gary () genashor ! com (Gary Gendel)
Date:       2005-08-30 18:22:13

I'd like to upgrade from Solaris 10 x86 to OpenSolaris.  However, the Grub boot \
loader fails (various types of failures (timeouts, halts, and reboots depending upon \
my bios setting).  The Solaris boot loader worked fine with the default bios settings \
and Solaris 10 is functioning fine.

Is there a way to upgrade from the OpenSolaris disks from a live Solaris system or \
configure the Grub boot loader so it can use the existing configuration information?

Keep up the great work.  OpenSolaris really rocks on a Sparc.