List:       opensolaris-discuss
Subject:    [osol-discuss] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bug fix process overly
From:       sdestika () excite ! com (S Destika)
Date:       2005-08-29 11:58:17

Well, that's good to hear - I was just being impatient then.

What's the difference between Linus forcing and Sun forcing - Well isn't that an \
obvious one - Sun is a company with commercial interests and Linus has proved himself \
to be a unbiased individual - he carefully avoids being employed by any Linux vendor \
which is a well known fact.

You are on the CAB which again is appointed by Sun and so far looks to me is driven \
more by Sun's interests and concerns rather than the CAB's. (2 months is enough time \
for anyone with technical skills and attitude to set up a Source control system and \
starting to involve people to contribute code - the fact that all of the promised \
things are still in the clutches of bureaucracy proves just that - Sun is putting a \
lot of overhead into the process guarding it's own concerns and interests.)

it here - sorry if it appears twice.</i> This message posted from opensolaris.org