List:       opensolaris-discuss
Subject:    [osol-discuss] KDE 3.4.1 Solaris 10: Source Code Patches
From:       schilling () fokus ! fraunhofer ! de (Joerg Schilling)
Date:       2005-08-10 15:45:54

ken mays <maybird1776@yahoo.com> wrote:

> 2. Does CD-Record 2.01.01a01/03 provide complete DVD+R
> Double Layer and DVD-R Dual Layer recording support?

NO (as I did write a few hours ago)

As I did write some days ago, I had to decide whether to work
on SchilliX or on dual layer.

> 3. Does Solaris have any issues creating multisession

There is no multi session with DVDs, I guess you are talking about
multi border.

No, when I did try to implement it the last time, the firmware
of all available writers did not yet suport it.

> DVD-R DL or DVD+R DL DVDs beyond 4GB using Solaris
> 8/9/10 (SPARC and x86) and CD-Record as of today??

Solaris 8 & 9 are known to have definitely problems with media size > 4 GB.
I did not yet test Solaris 10....

Solaris also definitely does not support file sizes > 4GB and I would guess
that there are even problems with a file size > 2 GB.

Frank, could you answer? As you are just working on hsfs, you should know
better.

J?rg

--
 EMail:joerg@schily.isdn.cs.tu-berlin.de (home) J?rg Schilling D-13353 Berlin