List:       opensolaris-discuss
Subject:    [osol-discuss] KDE 3.4.1 Solaris 10: Source Code Patches
From:       maybird1776 () yahoo ! com (ken mays)
Date:       2005-08-10 15:45:53

--- Ian Collins <ian@ianshome.com> wrote:

> Dennis Clarke wrote:
> >Please coordinate with Ken Mays as he is the lead
> man for KDE at
> >Blastwave.  I currently have his build of KDE 3.4.1
> running now and I
> >am sure that he is keen to apply Stefan's patches
> to achieve a build
> >that has the regular dependencies from the
> Blastwave software set.
> >

> I was thinking in more general terms, is there
> anything to be gained in
> having a set of Studio10 built packages on blastwave
> to support bigger
> projects like KDE.  Stefan has built a number of
> packages to support his
> KDE effort.
>
> Ian.

The primary compiler at Blastwave is Sun Studio. At
the time KDE_gcc was put together about 2-3 years ago
for Blastwave, GCC was the main widely supported
portable compiler for KDE work so I went with it.

Blastwave carries the main packages for KDE for most
business and web development users. The SDK and
develop packages are on the Sun Studio build. Each KDE
for Solaris build provides you with many options and
benefits (i.e. Blastwave.org in its' 1000+
applications/tools to add to the KDE (or GNOME)
experience).

>From a lesson of many distributions, you have your
options. I have the Sun Studio builds and info from
Stefan so I'll look into it during the next few
months.

Right now, I'm trying to 'stabilize' a few things...

Ken Mays