List:       opensolaris-desktop-discuss
Subject:    [desktop-discuss] Contributed FF 3.0.*: Print-related letter
From:       Sebastian Kayser <sebastian () skayser ! de>
Date:       2009-09-29 9:02:21

Hi,

we are seeing some letter spacing (or more generally, font?) issues with
the Beijing Desktop Team contributed Firefox 3.0.*/3.5.* builds on
Solaris 10 in our department.

Bascially, the browser view is fine, while print preview and print
result differ strongly in font type/quality and letter spacing. I have
uploaded screenshots along with descriptions to mozillaZine

  http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=1477295

It doesn't occur with all web sites, just some (our MediaWiki
installation is one where it does) and might well be a more fundamental
font issue. Any pointers would be appreciated.

Sebastian

P.S.: If there is a more appropriate mailing list / support resource for
these builds running on Solaris 10, feel free to tell me.