List:       opensolaris-desktop-discuss
Subject:    [desktop-discuss] OT: Sun keyboard on Ubuntu Linux 8.04
From:       Bill Shannon <bill.shannon () sun ! com>
Date:       2009-09-26 22:14:18

I recently sent the following to opensolaris-discuss.  Wrong list,
I should've sent it here...

Bill Shannon wrote on 9/21/09 12:35 PM:
> This is a bit off topic, but...  I thought I remembered a discussion here
> that would've helped me figure this out, but I can't find it...
>
> I'm trying to get a Sun keyboard to work with Ubuntu.  Everything works
> except the left keypad.  I really want Cut/Copy/Paste, and I'd like
> Front to work.  I can't figure out what to configure in Gnome to enable
> these to work.  I was hoping to see what was done in OpenSolaris to make
> them work and then copy that for Ubuntu.

> Thanks!

Randy Jones pointed me to this thread:
http://www.opensolaris.org/jive/thread.jspa?messageID=319429

Everything in the metacity.schemas file seems to be settable
using the Keyboard Shortcuts dialog.  It doesn't actually work,
but I can set it.  Maybe I need to logout for it to take effect?

Anyway, that only covers the window management keys on the left
keypad, e.g., Front.

How does OpenSolaris configure the Cut/Copy/Paste keys to work?