List:       opensolaris-desktop-discuss
Subject:    Re: [desktop-discuss] a couple bugs?
From:       Alfred Peng <Alfred.Peng () Sun ! COM>
Date:       2009-02-24 17:53:33

Hi Vince,

I'm afraid the information is not enough to identify the problem. Could
you start Firefox with "firefox --safe-mode" with the old profile,
disable all add-ons/user preferences and test again? Is the problem
still reproducible in this case?

If you could share the profile with us so that we can reproduce the
problem, that'll be great. If not, could you please help run some test?

1. Verify that the file owner/permission for all the files/directories
in the profile directory ($HOME/.mozilla/*default/) is correct. Firefox
usually save the preferences to prefs.js when it exits.
2. Search the profile directory to see whether you can find a string
"lockPref".
3. Backup your profile directory. Remove the files in the directory and
start Firefox to do the test. I think this can help identify the file(s)
that cause(s) the problem.

Thanks,
-Alfred