List:       opensolaris-desktop-discuss
Subject:    Re: [desktop-discuss] What applications can be saved and restored
From:       Karl Dalen <k_dal2 () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2008-09-26 13:36:51

 in a Gno

> In the "Sessions Preferences", you need to check
> "Automatically remember
> running applications when logging out".

Thanks to all who replied. Yes, I have that option checked and I found
that  /bin/gnome-session-properties only shows start-up programs
and lists the applications currently running, it doesn't indicate if an
applications can be saved in the session.

I now understand that applications has to be written such that they
comply with the session manager protocol so I cannot just take any
application and make it restorable. I suppose this means that essentially
only gnome specific applications can be saved but interestingly xterm's
are also saved/restored in a session.

Regards,

/KarlD