List:       opensolaris-desktop-discuss
Subject:    Re: [desktop-discuss] CD Space analysis and recommendations
From:       Peter Korn <Peter.Korn () Sun ! COM>
Date:       2008-09-15 19:31:52

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi Andras,

I'll leave it to Willie Walker to provide additional detail here as
needed.

Fundamentally, folks are working hard to fix this bug in the
packagemanager GUI.  Separately, the question of whether accessibility
is on/off by default for *all* users is distinct from whether an
individual user can turn it on for *their* default use so that it is on
whenever they log in.  Or in this case, when they go to install their
desktop (which means it must be on the LiveCD).  If they cannot have an
accessible desktop until they have downloaded additional packages, then
we have a rather serious chicken/egg problem.  As has been pointed out
in that (and/or perhaps related) thread(s), the command line is also an
option for users who want to download additional packages (and need
accessibility support in the case that this bug isn't fixed).

Regards,

Peter