List:       opensolaris-desktop-discuss
Subject:    [desktop-discuss] Gnome 2.22  improvments !
From:       Lars Tunkrans <lars.tunkrans () bredband ! net>
Date:       2008-08-23 15:08:57

Hi,    I have  an hour ago installed  SNV_96  on  my  Athlon 64 X2 4800+  2 GB Ram - System ,
and I notice  the following  improvments:

  1)   The crash  of Gnome-Volume-Manager  and the OSPM applet  that always  occured
        when I logged in quickly  after a system boot up -   is cured.  no more bug-buddy.

   2)  as I have a  Nvidia  8600 GTS  adapter there has been  performance  problems with  COMPIZ
         and gnome-terminal  with resizeing the gnome-terminal window.   This problem seems to
         have been cut in half.   Its still there but not as bad as it was.

   3)  The new Lightning  model in Thunderbird is nice.  There is a Deficiency though  in that it seems
         to be english only.  Were can we contribute internationalisation language files to Lightning ?