List:       opensolaris-desktop-discuss
Subject:    Re: [desktop-discuss] GTK# developers needed for a multimedia project
From:       Doug Scott <dougs () truemail ! co ! th>
Date:       2007-04-21 16:11:08

Pedro Castro wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I know that mono is not in OpenSolaris and that it's a controversial topic, but I'm \
> looking for GTK# developers to help develop a multimedia project. The project is \
> Gnome Subtitles (http://gnome-subtitles.sf.net/about), one of the most used video \
> subtitling applications for the GNOME desktop. You can see some screenshots at \
> http://gnome-subtitles.sf.net/screenshots.

Pedro,
   Actually while mono is not directly in Open Solaris at the moment, it
is easily built from the spec-files-extra repository at
pkgbuild.sourceforge.net.
I think people read too much into it as a controversial topic for
Solaris/Sun. I personally see it as quite a good copy of Java from
Microsoft :)

What exactly type of help do you need???? I sure there is plenty of
people that will put their bias's aside to help out (especially on Solaris).

Doug