List:       opensolaris-desktop-discuss
Subject:    Re: [desktop-discuss] Re: videolan ported to solaris
From:       Frank Van Der Linden <Frank.Vanderlinden () Sun ! COM>
Date:       2007-03-23 17:25:45

Damien Carbery wrote:
> Thanks for the links ericb.
>
> I got along a decent bit, past configure and most of the compilation. Fails in link.
> http://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?p=105119#105119

It's trying to pass gcc options (-fPIC / -fpic) to the Sun Studio
compiler, which then complains. I'm guessing it has only been compiled
with gcc on various platforms. The equivalents are -KPIC and -Kpic for
Sun Studio on x86.

It's also strange that it passes both -fPIC and -fpic, these normally
aren't compatible options, you only want one position-independent code
model option in there.

Try it with gcc, that might get you further (but see above, the options
are weird).

- Frank