List:       opensolaris-desktop-discuss
Subject:    [desktop-discuss] Re: Delete key
From:       "W. Wayne Liauh" <wp () HawaiiLinux ! us>
Date:       2006-12-22 13:15:39

> > How do I make the delete key work as it should
> (instead
> > of a curved dash)?
>
> Is that under the GUI, inside a gnome-terminal?
>
> In gnome-terminal, Edit -> Current Profile ... ->
> Compatibility.
> In the compatibility tab you can configure that the
> backspace
> key sends a "control-H" and the delete key sends an
> "ascii DEL"
> character.

Thanks.  I should have done a bit more work myself, but if you still have patience \
with me, I want to report that I did as you described, but now both the delele (ascii \
DEL) and the backspace (control-H) keys are doing what the backspace key is doing \
(i.e., deleting character to the left of the cursor).  I want to delete key to delete \
character to the right of the cursor.  Thanks again for your kind help.