List:       opensolaris-desktop-discuss
Subject:    Re: [desktop-discuss] dtlogin can not startup without
From:       Alan Coopersmith <alan.coopersmith () sun ! com>
Date:       2006-12-14 17:13:27

Patrick Gu wrote:
> I tried Snv 54 on Ferrari 4000. I found if I disconnect network cable, dtlogin can \
> not start up automatically after boot. Gdm also startup failed manually. Is this a \
> known issue? or X-server configuration issue?

System configuration issue.   Don't disconnect network cables from
systems you configured to be always networked during install.

For laptops, it's better to run sys-unconfig and when prompted,
configure the system as non-networked so that services like those
can start without a network, and then you can enable network
services when connected to a network at runtime, using one of
the network managers (NWAM, gimenu, DJMnetprof, etc.)

--
	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith@sun.com