List:       opensolaris-desktop-discuss
Subject:    [desktop-discuss] Re:  Is it legal to install....
From:       "Kyle J. McDonald" <kjmcdonald () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-11-17 12:44:22

Hi!,

When I run 'locale' (sorry I can't cut and paste right now,)  I get exactly what you \
got, except for the last one 'LC_ALL', in my case I get 'LC_ALL=' with no value.

I grepped through .clustertoc, and the SUNW*/pkginfo files. for references to en_US.

In .clustertoc there is the SUNWCutf8 cluster, and while the name is "en_US.UTF-8 \
locale support" it contains packages for several locales, and doesn't have anywhere \
near all the packages that the SUNW*/pkginfo files list as having to do with \
'American English' .

Actually all of those files are not referenced by any cluster at all, and I don't \
remember seeing them in the window where I customized my package preferences either.

I enable logging to .dt/sessionlogs/... and the log file is full of these messages:

... Error converting from UTF-8 to STRING: Conversion from character set 'UTF-8' to \
                'ISO-8859-1' is not supported
... Cannot convert message: Conversion from character set 'UTF-8' to 'ASCII' is not \
                supported
... Conversion from character set 'ASCII' to 'UTF-8' is not supported

Any idea what packages I really might need to fix this problem?

  -Kyle