List:       opensolaris-desktop-discuss
Subject:    [desktop-discuss] Re: build environment
From:       Glynn.Foster () Sun ! COM (Glynn Foster)
Date:       2005-12-17 18:46:24

Hey,

On Fri, 2005-12-16 at 18:59 +0000, Paul Cunningham wrote:
> Just a thought ...
> has the pkgsrc build environment been considered
> (http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/software/packages.html)? I know
> that environment builds a lot more packages on Solaris than the others do.

Not that I'm aware of - there doesn't seem to be much public discussion
at all to involve appropriate actions and/or roadmaps for making
progress on this. I'd personally like to see us link one bridge at a
time though however deeply difficult/religious/political decisions need
to be made ;)

Just my 2 cent.

Glynn