List:       opensolaris-companion-discuss
Subject:    Re: [companion-discuss] Re:  Re: Collaborative porting	encyclopedia
From:       Alan Coopersmith <alan.coopersmith () sun ! com>
Date:       2006-12-15 16:11:20

Bob Palowoda wrote:
>  Remember I said "the gates of hell" and you brought up
> libtool.

libtool is it's own circle of hell, populated by demons whose
names all end in ".la".

>  Is libtool used for the
> OpenSolaris build process and worth an entry in the
> Collaborative porting encyclopedia experiment?   Or
> is libtool only important to the Companion CD and build
> tools not to Solaris developers in general, not worth
> mentioning until it becomes stable on the Solaris platform.

libtool is used in building all the X11R7.x libraries now,
so working around its various forms of brain damage is becoming
a central part of the X consolidation build processes.

--
	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith@sun.com